[fpc-devel] Generics.Collections as package for Lazarus or package for FPC RTL

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 01:53:03 CET 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 7:34 AM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>
wrote:
[...]

> The format of interface VMTs could also differ per platform so considering
> that as more stable only holds true because of what we currently support.

 Sorry for ask here, but, don't you recomment to use interfaces? I'm making
a project and I'm planning to use some COM interfaces to make something a list
adapter
<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/ListAdapter.html>.

> The more stable approach would definitely be the one that does not rely on
> implementation details, but only on the specified, documented language
> behavior (bugs not withstanding of course), thus the approach I've
> mentioned above.
>
> I consider the approach with manual interfaces as hackish. Period.

[...]

What is manual interfaces, does it mean CORBA interfaces?

I'm asking about using interfaces because I could easily change my project
to use abstract classes, however I don't know if the interfaces choice can
be a good choice.

--
Silvio Clécio