[fpc-devel] Generics.Collections as package for Lazarus or package for FPC RTL

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Jan 28 13:12:09 CET 2016

Maciej Izak wrote on Thu, 28 Jan 2016:

>> The more stable approach would definitely be the one that does not rely on
>> implementation details, but only on the specified, documented language
>> behavior (bugs not withstanding of course), thus the approach I've
>> mentioned above.
>>
> To be clear maybe is time to documenting this.

No. The reason for it to be an undocumentated implementation detail is
exactly so that we can change it or implement it differently when
necessary. The compiler supports a particular programming language,
not a particular binary representation/implementation of certain
programming language constructs.

Jonas