[fpc-devel] fpc iso mode

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 3 20:00:11 CET 2016

On 03.02.2016 16:58, Schindler Karl-Michael wrote:
> Hi.
>
> With fpc 3.0.0 supporting iso7185 mode I made contact to the people of standard pascal and the p4/p5 compilers and i like to forward their congratulations to you:

I hope he'll test with the development version. After all 3.0.0 contains
the bug regarding the program parameters...

>> It looks good now, the differences are allowed by the standard (precision, case).

Does anyone know what he means with "precision" and "case"?

>> I'll try to formalize the results and put them up on the www.standardpascal.org
>> web site.
>>
>> I'll try to compile P5 with it this weekend. If that works out, I'll modify the configure
>> script to use fpc as an alternate host compiler.
>>
>> I recommend you use an option such as -Miso7185. ISO refers to a lot of standards,
>> including other Pascal standards.
>>
>> Congratulations on FPC compliance with ISO 7185! Please carry my congradulations
>> to all the crew who worked on that.
>>
>> Scott Franco
>
> With the current status of gpc, fpc has become a much valued alternative, for example for bootstrapping p4/p5.
>
> How about his suggestion about renaming the mode to iso7185? Too late?

We could maybe add iso7185 as an alternative to iso and deprecate the
latter...

> How about calling ExtendedPascal iso10206 instead of extpas?

Since Extended Pascal supported is only in trunk that would be no problem...

Regards,
Sven