[fpc-devel] goto illegal in fpc?

Schneider schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Fri Oct 9 18:24:48 CEST 2015

Sven:

> -Sg only enables intrafunction gotos if they should be disabled (don't
> remember which mode disables them...)

Ok, so that's out.

> > Is there a (non standard!) exit function in fpc that I could use
> > during compilation?  (Then I could substitute it for the goto call
> > before compiling.)
>
> I'd suggest you to use Halt(ErrorCode) instead. It's defined in unit
> system.

That worked, thanks.  Of course I had to rename my 'halt' proceedure
something else.  It would be possible to modify the program this way.
But the next email nailed it ...

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  schneidt at mail.nih.gov
  https://schneider.ncifcrf.gov (current link)