[fpc-devel] New FPC language/dialect MODE, Generics.Collections and new branch

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 09:00:59 CEST 2015

New modern Pascal dialect is subject of this topic.

Is any way to get branch for new pascal dialect and for
generics.collections improvements? For me ObjFPC is too much conservative
and Delphi after XE2 version, really sucks, so $MODE Delphi is not option.

I think is good idea to discuss new dialect. I really like some elements
from ObjFPC, also from Delphi and from Oxygene (we can't implement pure
$MODE Oxygene but some ideas are good). To combine best of mentioned
dialects elements we need to create new $MODE. I call my new dialect
"Sparta" (yes it is related to freesparta.com) but I can change this name.

I have some concerns, that all my effort for new dialect even if I done
some work will be useless.

If you wish, I can prepare some "manifest document" related to new language
dialect details.

Let me know if there is no option for that initiative.

Best Regards,
Maciej Izak