[fpc-devel] Capability CPUARM_HAS_BLX_LABEL with ARM instruction set

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 16 21:07:44 CET 2015

On 16.12.2015 20:06, Anthony Walter wrote:
> Sven, the FPC community is not that large as that of C, or Java, or Go.
> Our figurative slice of potential users is reduced further when
> qualified as FPC on the Raspberry Pi. My response to Garry was a sort of
> "Hey we both like FPC and Pi, maybe some of us can band together to
> benefit FPC on Pi". My thinking  was that splitting the conversation
> into separate thread would create more fracture and less union.

This has nothing to do with the size of the community. Everyone who's
subscribed to the list gets all mails anyway and you hijacking another
thread will probably even lead to *less* people reading your message
(because they are not interested in the CPUARM_HAS_BLX_LABEL topic for
example (I for example simply mark complete threads I'm not interested
in as "read" when I see they have new messages)). In addition this is
more a topic for fpc-pascal than fpc-devel.

> It is up to Gary to decide if my comment was an unwanted diversion.
> Gary, if you are reading this and feel I was diverting your original
> message in an unwanted manner, then I apologize.

Honestly, no, that's not up to Gary to decide. This is part of the
mailing list etiquette that is followed here on this list and which is
rather standard on mailing lists anyway. At least change the subject and
add "Was: OLD TITLE" or something like this or better yet: do not hijack
other threads.

Regards,
Sven