[fpc-devel] "Signals"

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Sep 26 10:58:17 CEST 2014

On Fri, 26 Sep 2014, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> On Friday 26 September 2014 10:38:36 Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>> Again have a look at MSEgui, tobjectlinker in mseclasses.pas. It is not
>>> so easy to implement as it seems. ;-)
>>
>> It is. Depends on your definition of difficult, of course.
>>
> Or the implemented functionality.

Absolutely. A signaling mechanism, synchronous, is not hard.

If you want asynchronous, or if you want the signal executed in the context
of a thread in case of multiple threads, that is another matter.

Although I am having difficulty seeing how you would decide which signal
must be executed in what thread... an object does not automatically
belong to a thread...

Michael.