[fpc-devel] Suggestion: reference counted objects

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 14:26:18 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM, Boian Mitov <mitov at mitov.com> wrote:

>   Hmm... I have serious doubt the anonymous methods (actually referenced
> objects as previously discussed) will be discouraged.
> If anything they are more and more used across the majority of the
> languages, as they have huge advantages.

Just like "goto" operator was available in the majority of the langauges,
back in a days. And it's still there!
Don't get me wrong, I'm just sharing my thoughts, rather than trying to
discourage you from using it.

> We have converted the majority of our code to use them in the last 2
> years, and that reduced the code to 1/4 of the original size.
> All new code we write in my company is 100% anonymous methods centric.

How about the maintenance cost?
Is it now easier-faster-safer to bring changes into the code without
introducing regressions?

thanks,
Dmitry