[fpc-devel] Suggestion: reference counted objects

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Tue Sep 23 18:00:56 CEST 2014

  Hi Giuliano,

I was not talking hypothetical example.
All of our products use this technology. Again, what you are telling me is
some suggestion for probable solution, but even when you do it, you
immediately add additional code and containers (list) just to support it due
to the lack of ref counting.
This immediately allows me to argue that your solution will use more memory
and will be slower as it needs additional containers and support code
altogether. So you basically are reconfirming yet again the advantages of
using ref. counting.

With best regards,
Boian Mitov

Mitov Software