[fpc-devel] MIPS big-endian program starts but does nothing

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Sep 10 11:46:58 CEST 2014

On 09/08/2014 10:54 PM, Michael Ring wrote:
> This smells like a problem I had on pic32. In my case the pic32 chips
> do not have a floating point unit and the processor creates an illegal
> instruction (or something similar) exception.
>
> I solved this for me by patching out the call to the hardware
> coprocessor when softfpu is selected.

This asks for a small comment:
If (one day) it should be possible to use fpc functions as code callable
by C a function maintained in the Microchip IDE universe (which is what
I some day hope top be able to use or make happen), it should be
possible to call the C rtl floating point emulation instead of re-doing
them in the fpc rtl.

-Michael