[fpc-devel] MIPS big-endian program starts but does nothing

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 12:53:04 CEST 2014

On 06/09/2014 12:20, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> I think the previous discussion wound down with the consensus that the
> distro had custom libraries, possibly derived from ulibc, and that the
> compiler etc. would have to be specially built for those. I was hoping
> to set a Qemu-based system to investigate, but didn't get anywhere due
> to other commitments.

Ok. It's running openwrt (also so that may well be the case; however I
copied over [1] the libs [2] from the device to my desktop, so that
should be a step in the right direction.... but presumably I need to
match the cross binutils [3] ld with the uclibc ld one?!?

Also tested with fpc at
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/trunk/mips-linux/
which (perhaps unsurprisingly given the above) shows the same problem.

[1] from my notes
openwrt router mips (big endian) uclibc libuClibc-0.9.33.2
copied
/lib
/usr/lib
(only the root dirs)