[fpc-devel] Has anyone tried building FPC on an Arietta G25?

Paul Michell Paul at michellcomputing.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 12:28:31 CET 2014

For anyone else looking at FPC on an Arietta G25 I have found the cause of my problems!

It turns out that although there is a swap partition in the standard SD image, it was not mounted
in fstab.  Once enabled, the standard build processes complete without issue.

I had hoped this might also explain the other issue with subversion but that problem still persists:

root at arietta:/media/data/freepascal/2.7.1# svn up
U    compiler/globals.pas
U    compiler/ogelf.pas
U    compiler/i8086/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/i386/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/jvm/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/x86_64/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/ogbase.pas
U    compiler/powerpc64/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/utils/ppuutils/ppudump.pp
U    compiler/pmodules.pas
U    compiler/scanner.pas
U    compiler/arm/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/powerpc/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/alpha/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/nadd.pas
U    compiler/sparc/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/vis/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/ia64/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/options.pas
U    compiler/m68k/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/ninl.pas
U    compiler/aarch64/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/mips/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/mips/cpuelf.pas
U    compiler/generic/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/avr/cpuinfo.pas
U    compiler/ogcoff.pas
U    packages/ncurses/src/ncurses.pp
U    packages/fcl-db/examples/dbftool.lpr
U    packages/fcl-base/src/whtml.pp
U    packages/rtl-console/src/go32v2/mouse.pp
U    rtl/netbsd/pmutext.inc
U    rtl/netbsd/ptypes.inc
U    rtl/netbsd/pthread.inc
U    rtl/win/wininc/struct.inc
U    rtl/linux/i386/syscall.inc
U    rtl/unix/cthreads.pp
U    rtl/unix/tthread.inc
svn: Can't open file 'packages/cocoaint/src/webkit/.svn/tmp/entries': Read-only file system