[fpc-devel] RTTI interface & variant late binding issue (mORMot)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Nov 5 10:21:14 CET 2014

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014, Alf wrote:

> As a (very) long time Pascal programmer (TP/ FPC / Delphi), I have helped the developer of mORMot (http://synopse.info/fossil/wiki?name=SQLite3+Framework) to port his framework
> to FPC. With success. Many Linux (ARM) servers now run mORMot thanks to FPC.
>
> There are, however, two showstoppers, that inhibit the full deployment of mORMot with FPC.
> They were reported, by the developer, as being feature requests and/or bugs (#26773 and #26774).
>
> My question to the list.
>
> I have a personal interest in 100% integration of mORMot with FPC (Linux [ARM]).
>
> Questions:
> 1) Are there any known workarounds and/or design changes that I could implement into mORMot to tackle these two mORMot-problems.
> 2) If acceptable, what can we do for FPC to get these two aspects to work for mORMot.
> (e.g. #26774: who will implement this feature and when ; can we help implementing this feature)

The fixing of these bugs/features is definitely acceptable.

For 26773:
   this will also need fixes in the compiler, since you propose a change in a compilerproc.
   However, this should be easily doable.

  (however, it makes me wonder what will happen if delphi fixes their compiler. Being able to change a const parameter is simply a bug in the compiler)

For 26774:

- You can try contracting joost van der sluis (joost at cnoc.nl), he offers commercial support for lazarus/FPC.
   He did recently some work on the extended  attributes, I'm sure he can do the task.

- You can try offering a bounty on the mailing list and see who takes up the task.

- Last but not least, you can dive in the code yourself.

Michael.