[fpc-devel] RTTI interface & variant late binding issue (mORMot)

Alf alfred at consulab.nl
Tue Nov 4 11:02:29 CET 2014

As a (very) long time Pascal programmer (TP/ FPC / Delphi), I have
helped the developer of mORMot
(http://synopse.info/fossil/wiki?name=SQLite3+Framework) to port his
framework to FPC. With success. Many Linux (ARM) servers now run mORMot
thanks to FPC.

There are, however, two showstoppers, that inhibit the full deployment
of mORMot with FPC.
They were reported, by the developer, as being feature requests and/or
bugs (#26773 and #26774).

My question to the list.

I have a personal interest in 100% integration of mORMot with FPC (Linux
[ARM]).

Questions:
1) Are there any known workarounds and/or design changes that I could
implement into mORMot to tackle these two mORMot-problems.
2) If acceptable, what can we do for FPC to get these two aspects to
work for mORMot.
(e.g. #26774: who will implement this feature and when ; can we help
implementing this feature)

Thanks.