[fpc-devel] Method for write string into TStream

thaddy at thaddy.com thaddy at thaddy.com
Tue Jul 22 12:58:07 CEST 2014

You can always use KOL for that ;)
But anyway: we implemented that at the cost of read-back speed and
looking for zero termination, which is flawed anyway for object pascal
strings, since it can contain zero's.
It can be done through RTTI with my usual complaints about that sort of
shit.

A (abstract) stream can not know if the length is stored or
not...without rtti.

If you accept polymorhism this is not a good idea. I may be wrong (again)