[fpc-devel] Syntax choice (was: Blocks support)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 20:27:31 CEST 2014

Am 21.07.2014 18:15 schrieb "Dmitry Boyarintsev" <skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
>:
>
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>
wrote:

>> It's also a similar concept (you have a pointer to something that
describes a function), but it's incompatible and different so you need a
different syntax. Any different syntax is fine, as far as I'm concerned.

> It's just my personal appeal to reuse as many of existing
reserved/context words as possible. (In which case "is block" seems better
to me, than "reference to"... just because its less typing, though too
"block"-specific)

The point is that we'll need the "reference to" anyway for Delphi
compatibility. Otherwise I agree that Pascal normally uses suffixes...

Regards,
Sven