[fpc-devel] Question about building fpc for linux_x86 vs linux_x64

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Dec 29 16:26:56 CET 2014

> M       utils/pas2jni/fpmake.pp
> M       utils/pas2ut/fpmake.pp
> M       utils/unicode/fpmake.pp
>
> I was adding dependencies one by one - after compilation error about
> unresolved used "unit" I was looking for the package that contains this
> unit and adding the missing dependency - for every compilation error and
> for every fpmake instance.

It's good you brought this to our attention. In recent weeks several fpmake
related issues were mentioned, but only for more rarely used cases. Your
case demonstrates it in a much tested target, so probably something is up,
as Joost already identified.

Since branching hopefully will happen within a week, everything bug that can
be rooted out of the build system is welcome.

If I see Joost comments, the question partially becomes what is different in
your case. Some questions to get an idea:

1. Do you generally run   make distclean before svn update?
2. To build and install a snapshot, do you run make and install in one
command or in two separate steps?
3. Any other special things you could tell us about your build routine?