[fpc-devel] Question about building fpc for linux_x86 vs linux_x64

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Dec 28 23:49:49 CET 2014

In our previous episode, Joost van der Sluis said:
> > What I do not understand is the following - why these missing
> > dependencies were not required for linux_x64?
>
> What I do not understand is why you needed theses changes in the first
> place? Can you send the commands you used to compile fpc, and the last
> part of the output?
>
> > PS. I can submit changes (i guess?) or send a patch file if somebody
> > needs it.
>
> No, you do not have enough permissions to commit. But can you send the
> patch, so that I can see what you've changed?

In addition my observations:

1. Sounds like fpmake doesn't recursively add dependencies? e.g. rtl-objpas
should come as dep of fcl-base.
2. if the patch just adds ALL those dependencies to all those packages, are
they really tested as being really required for all of those?

E.g. I can't imagine rtl-console be needed for so many of them.