[fpc-devel] Multithreading under DOS

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Sep 26 23:05:12 CEST 2013

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:24 PM, Leif Ekblad <leif at rdos.net> wrote:
> DOS extenders are even worse candidates for multitasking than DOS. And if
> you aim to use 32-bit anyway, I see no reason to use an DOS extender over a
> real multitasking OS.

does that include old systems like PC-MOS?

ok, maybe it wasn't 32bit but it was multi-user multi-tasking and ran many DOS programs without problem... we ran one of our dBaseIII/IV/Foxbase (before m$ got hold of it) accounting packages on PC-MOS and i used PC-MOS as a development environment for other similar dB/FB development... it was especially easy to watch code running on one wyse terminal while feeding data on from another terminal and debugging on the main terminal...