Fwd: [fpc-devel] problem with TStringLists and delete in glibc

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Mar 16 21:54:16 CET 2013

On 3/16/2013 11:36, Stefan Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
> I have 220 strings in the list. Also the code works in a small sample program.
> I put the code in a unit an used the function in a bigger project with multiple
> units.
> In that environment, the code fails in glibc. The content of the string list was
> the same in both programs. In the small sample it works, in my bigger project it
> fails.
> Maybe there is a pointer alignment problem. But for now I really don't know how
> to trace or debug it.

reading over the thread and how you moved the functions to a unit for use in a
larger program, i'm wondering if there is not an error earlier in the program
that is not caught which then shows up at this point...

we used to see something like this all the time back in the TP days when someone
would open a file and not check the result codes... then later on they'd get an
error on a string or some other function... the problems were always solved by
properly checking for errors at those stages where needed...

just my thoughts on it... especially since the smaller program still works
properly and the same data is used in both programs...