[fpc-devel] Comparison FPC 2.6.2 - Delphi 7

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Wed Mar 6 10:50:10 CET 2013

Op Tue, 5 Mar 2013, schreef Henry Vermaak:

> Damn.  My custom config kernel compiles stable kernels in 3-5 minutes on
> a quad core Xeon, which isn't bad.  Did you build with the standard
> config?

What is the standard config? As the operating system is Scientific Linux
6, I'm using the config for the standard 2.6.32 kernel with as little
modifications as possible to use it for 3.3.2.

I don't have a 4 core Xeon system, but I tried to simulate it on a dual
Xeon 2670 system by only using 4 cores:

[root at node037 src]# time numactl --physcpubind=0-3 make -j 4

real    11m45.748s
user    38m30.405s
sys     4m48.634s

Daniël