[fpc-devel] Comparison FPC 2.6.2 - Delphi 7

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Mar 5 18:09:10 CET 2013

On 3/5/2013 05:50, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I'm also trying to use fpmake for other "hourly build server" tasks,
> where I need to do clean compiles of various independent packages first,
> then build the test suite that pulls everything together. eg: building
> Synapse, FBLib, tiOPF, EpikTimer, fpGUI etc in parallel. Then somehow
> wait until they are all done, then build the test suite which uses all
> those packages. I still haven't figure this process out yet. If you have
> hints or suggestion on this, it would be greatly appreciated [maybe
> follow-up in a new message thread in fpc-pascal]

on another system i work with, we use disk-based breadcrumb semaphore files for
the different stages and parts of those stages... one is created when the
section is entered into and another when the section is successfully compiled...
it is mostly all C stuff and uses make... it is all pretty much FM to me as i
only start it and wait for it to reach my modules and see if they compile or
fail... if they fail, i (w)hack at them some more... the breadcrumbs allow the
compilation environment to pick up where it left off instead of spending two
hours recompiling everything again up to the point of failure...

maybe this can give you some ideas?

FWIW: the above breadcrumb system that i speak of is in the development version
of an open source firewall product that i work with ;)