[fpc-devel] Unicode String Manager on darwin

Louis Salkind lou at salkind.net
Sun Mar 3 22:23:33 CET 2013

With the fpc 2.7.1 trunk, the following simple program does not work
under darwin unless I also include the unit cwstring:

program project1;
{$mode objfpc}{$H+}
uses sysutils;            // also needs the unit cwstring to work under
darwin

function toupper(const s: WideString): WideString;
begin
   result := WideUpperCase(s);
end;

begin
   writeln(toupper('hello world'));
end.

---

Is this the intended behavior?

Upon running the program above I get the error:

This binary has no unicodestrings support compiled in.
Recompile the application with a unicodestrings-manager in the program
uses clause.
An unhandled exception occurred at $0001EECB:
ENoWideStringSupport: SIGQUIT signal received.
   $0001EECB  GENERICUNICODECASE,  line 2181 of
/Users/lou/fpc/fpc/rtl/darwin/../bsd/system.pp