[fpc-devel] ppcrossarm dies when trying to build embedded rtl (svn 23683)

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Mar 4 10:18:56 CET 2013

I, too, am unable to do "make crossinstall" for ARM using a 64 bit ppc
on a 64 bit Debian.

The arm cross ppc is built (and when I start it without parameter
outputs the correct information).

But when trying to crosscompile system.pp (seemingly the first RTL
source file "make crossinstall" tries to cross-compile). (when doing so
as root I get an "out of memory" from the OS, when doing so as normal
user I get an  "timeout" from make).

OTOH, Andy (from the German forum) was able to do "make crossinstall" on
a 32 bit Debian.

Either this is a "works only on Linux 32 Bit" issue, or in my
environment something is wrong that I did not see yet.

-Michael