[fpc-devel] Delphi anonymous methods

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Mar 4 21:41:16 CET 2013

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013, Boian Mitov wrote:

> Then why do you think I am wasting my time writing all this?

I should be asking this to you :-)

> I really want to support Lazarus, but that is not even remotely possible
> today.

That says it all.

Delphi doesn't support these 'new features' that long either, and you admit working for 15 years
with Delphi. So at some point you made a decision to start using new features. Most likely, it
was not necessary to use them. It may have made some things easier. Maybe you wanted to support
some C# stuff - I do not know the reasons.

In each case, that is when you took the decision not to support Lazarus/FPC,
which did not have these features, and which never promised to have them.

And it is also why I do not think that adding these features today will change your decision.
Because it is this today, that tomorrow. We are playing catch-up forever anyway.

Do not get me wrong, I do not ask you to change your decision or your code.
You have a business to run, and this should be your primary concern.

Michael.