[fpc-devel] Delphi anonymous methods

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Mon Mar 4 20:24:15 CET 2013

Then why do you think I am wasting my time writing all this?
I really want to support Lazarus, but that is not even remotely possible
today.
I have well over 4 mln. lines of code and I need to support Delphi and C++
Builder with it.
I will surely not abandon my current customer base just to rewrite
everything for Lazarus only, and since Lazarus does not support DLL based
packages, I will have to stop supporting my C++ and .NET customers as well.
In essence I will have to kill my business just to support Lazarus. That
would be foolish business decision, both for me and my employees, and
customers.
However if ever Lazarus gets attributes, extended RTTI, anonymous methods
and dynamic packages at least in Windows, then I surely will invest more
time and money in it (I spent a lot of time and money on it few years ago,
before giving up.). I know how to take a risk, but I also know when it is
foolish to take the risk.

With best regards,
Boian Mitov

Mitov Software