[fpc-devel] Re: Comparison FPC 2.6.2 - Kylix 3

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Mon Mar 4 16:51:22 CET 2013

Am 04.03.2013 15:40, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 2013-03-04 12:44, Sven Barth wrote:
>> that really contain class helpers). Maybe we can add an additional
>> "has_operators" flag and ignore all units when searching for overloads
>> that don't have this flag set (the flag would propagate from the
>

> See, so Martin posting performance results after every FPC release does
> pay off. Without his post, your proposal would probably not have
> happened. ;-)

You can see it the other way round: Sven might now spend a significant
amount of time in a bug prone micro optimization of the compiler shaving
off maybe 1% compilation time while he could do something else where a
lot more users benefit like improving the register allocator or fixing
unicode string issues.