[fpc-devel] BBB / PRUS / M3 and fpc

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jul 5 14:11:23 CEST 2013

On 07/05/2013 01:32 PM, jeppe at j-software.dk wrote:

> Theoretically, yes. If it actually just is a standard Cortex-M3 core
> then it should work fine, and you would only have to add the RTL
> stubs, and compiler/arm/cpuinfo.pas+t_embed.pas entries for the cores.

Reading the AM3359 Docu (this is the BBB's chip) it has an "Arm Cortex
M3 Subsystem" (other then the predecessor AM17xxx that had a PRUS with
a  TI propriety CPU design). So it seems to be "a standard Cortex-M3 core".

Of course the RTL will need some squeezing to make it work for the PRUS.

> However, I have a suspicion that it won't be that easy since it's a
> complex setup, and it's made by TI :)

here:

http://www.element14.com/community/community/knode/single-board_computers/next-gen_beaglebone/blog/2013/05/22/bbb--working-with-the-pru-icssprussv2

I found that there is software to set up the PRUS using the Linux device
file system (and they tell us how to do software for the PRUS in ASM).

So this should be doable.

Thanks a lot !

-Michael