[fpc-devel] for-in-index loop

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Jan 25 09:26:36 CET 2013

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013, Alexander Klenin wrote:

>>> Please provide example of your suggestion for the case in the wiki.
>>
>> I don't need to provide *anything*.
>
> Of course you do not, this is why I said "please" :)
> However, it is impossible to have a meaningful discussion without such
> an example, so could you please indulge me?

You are totally missing the point.

Finding a use case to justify a feature is not difficult.
I could probably find some more use cases to justify other 'missing features'.

The point is: it is not because it can be done, that it must be done.

The point is that with every 'feature' added, the language becomes
more and more ugly.

My main worry is that Object Pascal, which used to be a beautiful,
easy to learn language is becoming a horrible, complicated, monster of a langauge.

In large part due to Borland/Inprise/Embarcadero going downhill after D7.

This proposal adds once more to the uglyness and complication.

As for the feature being present in some other languages,
I stand corrected; Next time I will be more careful in my statements.

Michael.