[fpc-devel] Install FPC and GUI on a headless non debian ARM device ["embedded" again]

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jan 21 13:02:39 CET 2013

On 01/21/2013 12:48 PM, Anton Kavalenka wrote:

> Dependencies have to be resolved by package manager.
> Just find the equivalent packages.
No chance: No such packages on Optware:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_list_of_Optware_packages

> So copy there lazarus and try to build it. At least no-gui lazbuild
> would be built and you'd be able to compiler LCL applications.
fpc already works, Lazarus will need a GUI which is not available.

> How do you suppose running Lazarus in remote X without X-libs and GTK2?
I understood that you suggested not "remote GUI" but  "remote debugging"
(i.e. using a "gdb stub" on the target and having the gdb used by
Lazarus on a PC attache to the stub via ssh), here you don't need any
GUI on the target when debugging command-line tools.

> Only nogui widgetset won't require X-libs and GTK2.
I am just up to doing command-line tools that don't have a TApplication
instance (aka "widgetset") at all. the "nogui widgetset" is not helpful
anyway, as it does not provide an event queue to allow for things like
TTimer and thread->mainthread signaling.

-Michael