[fpc-devel] Install FPC and GUI on a headless non debian ARM device ["embedded" again]

Anton Kavalenka anton.k at tut.by
Mon Jan 21 12:48:48 CET 2013

On 21.01.2013 13:42, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 01/21/2013 10:12 AM, Anton Kavalenka wrote:
>>
>> X-libs and gtk2 libs installed.
> This is what I did suppose.
>

>> This is the list of debian packages typical Lazarus-built Linux GUI
>> application depends.
>> It is useful in sense - what to download from public repositories.
>> The name of packages contain project name.
> Unfortunately the Linux distribution does not not support Debian
> (apt-get) packages, but only QNS ".qpkg" and Optware ".ipkg" packages.
> I'll take a look if something like "X-lib" and "gtk2" is provided by
> Optware. I already have been able to install fpc by manually
> downloading, extracting and "distributing" the Debian fpc package. But
> with the count of packages you list in your message, this does not
> make much sense. Especially it might be very tedious to find out all
> the dependencies.

Dependencies have to be resolved by package manager.
Just find the equivalent packages.

>> Btw what says ldd for your cross-compiled binary at your target system?
> I did not yet try to cross-compile anything, but I happily did install
> fpc.

So copy there lazarus and try to build it. At least no-gui lazbuild
would be built and you'd be able to compiler LCL applications.

>> Is it so painful to run at your headless system GDB server - and at
>> client - full Lazarus connected to that GDB?
> I don't know. This in fact is what I initially suggested (as I do
> similar "embedded" remote-gdb debugging using a Target PCB connected
> via a JTAG adapter and Eclipse on the PC), but in fact remote gdb does
> not seem not to be very "officially" supported by Lazarus.
>

>> But in both cases Xlibs and gtk2 libs have to be installed at target
>> system.
> Not if the target project does not have a GUI. (This in fact is what I
> intend to do.)
How do you suppose running Lazarus in remote X without X-libs and GTK2?

Only nogui widgetset won't require X-libs and GTK2.

> Thanks a lot,
> -Michael

regards,
Anton