[fpc-devel] "embedded" again

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 11:22:59 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:45:29AM +0100, Michael Schnell wrote:
> (c) seems the most appropriate way to allow for decent debugging
> performance, but seemingly nobody yet decently tried (or wrote
> instructions to) to get Lazarus running remote gdb via TCP/IP.

One of the options in the lazarus debugger settings is "GDB debugger
through SSH".  Remote debugging with gdb on the command line also works
well for many years.

> So I am still stuck here.

You're not "stuck".  I've been building lazarus apps natively on my arm
netbook for more than a year (first with armel, then armhf).  It's too
slow to use productively, but could be used to debug.  Modern arm
laptops (like the chromebook) should have no trouble at all.

Henry