[fpc-devel] State of extended RTTI

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:18:37 CET 2013

On 19.02.2013 18:05, Boian Mitov wrote:
> I think they (FPC) have added their own implementation. Haven’t looked
> in more details, but saw some code posted, and I think they had a
> different implementation than Emb., using the lambda keyword.
> In any case at some point it will have to be adopted one way or another,
> as it helps tremendously in reducing and improving the code. We decided
> to ditch support for any version of Delphi older than XE2 mainly because
> of the enormous power of the Lambdas, and the bugs in the XE
> implementation (a lot of internal compiler errors).

No, FPC does currently not support anonymous functions (please don't
call them Lambdas... at least not with that verbose syntax ;) ). We have
a branch where an independant developer started to work on them, but
development there has stalled.
What you might have seen recently on this list was a discussion about a
potential improvement of the syntax (less verbose for simpler cases).

Regards,
Sven