[fpc-devel] Lazarus issues on ARM Linux

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Mon Apr 8 14:49:06 CEST 2013

Michel Catudal wrote:
> I am also having some issues with Lazarus, I am not sure if it is the
> right forum to talk about it. I had a previous version working fine on
> Rasphberry Pi.
> For some reason I can't get it to work on Mele A2000G. I have compiled
> it on gentoo on the Mele, using distcc and locally, same results. I
> didn't get any error during compile so I was expecting it to work. fpc
> seems to work, I haven't written any code with it yet, I was expecting
> to use lazarus to do that.
>
> My system on Mele A2000G is gentoo with mate desktop. I have
> everything compiled with hard float as I did on the Raphsberry Pi.
Upstream 2.6.x does not support the hard float ABI so unless you have a
patched version (such as the one shipped in debian) it won't correctly
link against C libraries on a system that uses hard float ABIS. Also
even when the hard float ABI support is present in the compiler source
code you need to either bootstrap with a starting compiler that uses the
hard float ABI or explictly specify -d FPC_ARMHF during the build.