[fpc-devel] URIParser is not up to spec

Sergei Gorelkin sergei_gorelkin at mail.ru
Wed Sep 19 10:17:47 CEST 2012

19.09.2012 11:45, Graeme Geldenhuys пишет:
> Hi,
>
> I have to deal with complex URL's in a new part in my project, and thought I would take advantage of
> the already existing URIParser unit in FPC. At closer inspection I noticed that the URIParser is not
> up to RFC-3986 specs. Even some of the terminology and values used in URIParser is different to the
> official RFC's.
>
> Would anybody mind if I updated the URIParser unit to be "more correct", or is it the FPC
> pereference to leave it as it is, and I'll make my own amendments for my project.
>
>    http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

Originally uriParser code was written to handle only URLs, without RFC3986 in mind. Later I updated
it so the logic became closer to RFC3986, but had to keep URI syntax components as is in order to
preserve compatibility with existing code.

So I think if we go after strict RFC compliance, we should introduce a new unit and deprecate an old
one.

Regards,
Sergei