[fpc-devel] URIParser is not up to spec

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 09:45:48 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have to deal with complex URL's in a new part in my project, and
thought I would take advantage of the already existing URIParser unit in
FPC. At closer inspection I noticed that the URIParser is not up to
RFC-3986 specs. Even some of the terminology and values used in
URIParser is different to the official RFC's.

Would anybody mind if I updated the URIParser unit to be "more correct",
or is it the FPC pereference to leave it as it is, and I'll make my own
amendments for my project.

   http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

Pay particular attention to section 3 (Syntax Components).

   http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-3

Regards,
   - Graeme -