[fpc-devel] fp IDE and gdbint on Debian Wheezy/testing

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Oct 27 11:43:31 CEST 2012

Florian Klämpfl wrote:
> Am 26.10.2012 23:28, schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
>> Thomas Schatzl wrote:
>>
>>> Florian's suggestion is correct: debian is changing some paths beginning
>>> with debian wheezy to improve multi-arch support.
>>>
>>> While on sparc this may not matter and maybe not needed, it's probably
>>> done on all platforms to reduce maintenance.
>>>
>>> I.e. libc startup files and such are now in /usr/lib/<arch-triplet>.
>>> Debian based distros like Ubuntu also do that in recent versions
>>> already. At least on 12.10 here I have these files
>>> in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu although it's a 32 bit only system.
>> After Florian's suggestion I spent a few minutes reading Debian's
>> comments on their multi-arch changes, and was struck by their admission
>> that they anticipated that they would cause pain.
>
> I added already several weeks ago the new multi-arch pathes as
> additional default search pathes to armhf-linux but since people didn't
> like this change I didn't add it for the other architectures.

I don't consider myself sufficiently experienced to have an opinion.

I find there's a build problem for 2.6.0 with the IDE debugger
interface, affecting at least SPARC on multiple versions of Debian (i.e.
it's not caused by the multi-arch changes). I'll take a look at it on
x86 Linux and raise it separately.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk