[fpc-devel] fpc AVR32

Michel Catudal mcatudal at comcast.net
Wed Oct 24 20:33:47 CEST 2012

I have started work on the fpc avr32. I used the patches from Laksen to get started but am using the newer released fpc as a code base.
So far I have added support for the following processors :

at32uc3b0256es
at32uc3b0256
at32uc3b1256es
at32uc3b1256
at32uc3c0512crevc
at32uc3c0512c
at32uc3c1512crevc
at32uc3c1512c
at32uc3l016
at32uc3l032
at32uc3l064
at32uc3l116
at32uc3l132
at32uc3l164
at32uc3l216
at32uc3l232
at32uc3l264
at32uc3l316
at32uc3l332
at32uc3l364

Since Atmel will eventually discontinue the AVR32 that runs Linux, I have no plan to do any work on AVR32 Linux.

I still need to write some evaluation code for the LCD, EEPROM, I2C, CAN, LIN, etc. I won't include that into the compiler but as an addon.

I am going to use the evaluation board AT32UC3C-EK to test the code for the at32uc3c0512crevc part and the EVK1101 for the at32uc3b0256es.
My debugging tool is JTAGICE mkII.

If anyone has newer evaluation boards and wish to work on this, you will have to adapt my code for those boards.
For the at32uc3c0512c the difference is the ethernet port and the bugs in the watchdog. The most obnoxious watchdog bugs were fixed in the production release.
Does anyone know if the ethernet is actually present in the engineering sample despite the specs that tells otherwise?

For the uc3b differences are kind of important but for most code they are minuscule. The clock is a bit different. Code can be arranged to used either this processor or a newer one.

I don't have any uc3l devices so I won't mess with this for now.

I have copied source and binaries on my website. I compiled the code under Scientific Linux 6.2 which is a free version of Linux that uses the source of Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.

How do I get an account so I can put my code on a directory on the fpc svn?

Michel

--
For Linux Software visit
http://home.comcast.net/~mcatudal