[fpc-devel] Considerations about observer [was: Free Pascal 2.6.2 rc1]

luiz americo pereira camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Wed Nov 28 16:02:31 CET 2012

2012/11/28 Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>:

> Personally, I think a release candidate is too late. A release candidate
> freezes all interfaces (even a beta release does so already, normally).
> Generally the only fixes still performed afterwards are for blocking
> crashers/failures, major security holes or build issues.

Yes. This proposed change breaks the concept of release candidate.

My point here is this is the first release open for wide test with this feature.
A feature that lives in a low level class and is supposed to be a
standard in fpc development.

Given that better discuss / test / change such important change
earlier than later, nothing stops to treat this release as a beta (or
whatever name is appropriate) even if was formally released as a RC.

Luiz