[fpc-devel] Breaking change in FPC 2.6.1

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu May 3 10:42:06 CEST 2012

Am 03.05.2012 08:39, schrieb LacaK:
> Hi,
> I have question indirectly related to this subject ;-)
> If there are fixed some bugs in trunk (2.7.1 now) can we expect that
> they will be backported in some of next stable release 2.6 (2.6.2, 2.6.3)?
> If yes , are there any rules which bugs are / can be / will be backported ?
> (Now I am not speaking about new features added, but only about bugs fixed)
> Depends it on fact how complex / risky is fix or must be backporting
> explicitly asked by sb ?

Trivial bugfixes especially in the RTL or packages are often backported
(though we now have the additional difference in the buildsystem). In
the compiler it depends on the severity of the changes. E.g. I
personally don't want to backport most of the generic fixes I have done
as they introduced or depend on massive changes in the compiler.

Regards,
Sven