[fpc-devel] Re: Class field reordering

Ivanko B ivankob4mse2 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 11:30:59 CEST 2012

Asking for changes to make base classes more flexible is not bothering
us. It's a regular part of software development, and in the best case
every user of FPC comes out ahead in the end thanks to the resulting
changes.

 Hacking around the type system that results in certain optimizations
becoming impossible is annoying, however. And I don't really see a
best case outcome in this case, regardless of what is done in the end.
Hmm..it sounds like "Relaxing access rights is a usual deal and why
shouldn't we do it again to resolve the contradictions - especially if
it turns out to be the only relevant ?" :)