[fpc-devel] Re: Class field reordering

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Jul 22 11:19:29 CEST 2012

On 22 Jul 2012, at 11:09, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> Which otherwise can't be implemented without changes in FPC or FCL.
> I don't dare to ask for changes so cracker classes were a workaround without
> to bother FPC team.

Asking for changes to make base classes more flexible is not bothering us. It's a regular part of software development, and in the best case every user of FPC comes out ahead in the end thanks to the resulting changes.

Hacking around the type system that results in certain optimizations becoming impossible is annoying, however. And I don't really see a best case outcome in this case, regardless of what is done in the end.

Jonas

PS: just to make it clear, I haven't committed this optimization yet.