[fpc-devel] Class field reordering

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jul 16 16:49:24 CEST 2012

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:18:49 +0200
Martin Schreiber <mse00000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 16 July 2012 14:08:23 Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:35:16 +0200 (CEST)
> >
> > michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> > >[...]
> > >
> > > Basically, you want to drop a component on a Form containing a frame, and
> > > make it's owner the frame ?
> >
> > I guess he meant adding a component with
> > Owner=Form, Parent=nested frame
> > As far as I remember TReader (or TWriter I'm not sure) does not support
> > this. Lazarus artificially forbids this too. Internally most code
> > supports this.
> >
> Correct.
>
> > Martin, what do you mean with "combination of inherited frames and
> > inherited forms need special handling" ?
> >
> I don't remember exactly and I don't want to remember because of too much
> headache. ;-)
> Assume frames which had inserted forms (in MSEgui every form or datamodule can
> act as TFrame, MSEgui has no specific TFrame component), which where
> inherited and there are descendants which are inserted into a form which
> possibly has descendants too...

AFAIK inheriting forms with nested frame with nested frame works in
Lazarus. Some years ago I fixed a bug which only appeared at 5
level depth.
TReader/Writer does not know about forms/frames/datamodules, so I guess
it should work for MSE forms too.
MSEGui suppports nesting longer than Lazarus.
Maybe the FCL was fixed in the meantime?

Mattias