[fpc-devel] Class field reordering

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:18:49 CEST 2012

On Monday 16 July 2012 14:08:23 Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:35:16 +0200 (CEST)
>
> michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> >[...]
> >
> > > TComponent, TWriter, TReader for example because in
> > > MSEide+MSEgui one can place additional components in an inserted tframe
> > > and combination of inherited frames and inherited forms need special
> > > handling.
> >
> > Basically, you want to drop a component on a Form containing a frame, and
> > make it's owner the frame ?
>
> I guess he meant adding a component with
> Owner=Form, Parent=nested frame
> As far as I remember TReader (or TWriter I'm not sure) does not support
> this. Lazarus artificially forbids this too. Internally most code
> supports this.

Correct.

> Martin, what do you mean with "combination of inherited frames and
> inherited forms need special handling" ?

I don't remember exactly and I don't want to remember because of too much
headache. ;-)
Assume frames which had inserted forms (in MSEgui every form or datamodule can
act as TFrame, MSEgui has no specific TFrame component), which where
inherited and there are descendants which are inserted into a form which
possibly has descendants too...

Martin