[fpc-devel] Re: Building the Android branch

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 19 17:18:27 CET 2012

Am 19.12.2012 16:42, schrieb Thomas Schatzl:
> On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 16:20 +0100, Sven Barth wrote:
>> Am 18.12.2012 17:47, schrieb Thomas Schatzl:
>>> Looking through compiler/systems/t_android.pas, you may want to try
>>> commmenting line 343, the one that adds info.Dynamiclinker to the
>>> input files. Looks wrong. (system/bin/linker is passed to ld later as
>>> --dynamic-linker option later anyway).
>> Ok... by removing the addition of the dynamic linker I can successfully
>> compile and link the DLL, but when starting it I get an illegal
>> instruction error... I have not yet tested whether this can be
>> reproduced with an empty library as well.
>>
>> === logcat begin ===
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> === logcat end ===
>>
>> Edit: Linking with debug information I could resolve the address to
>> InterlockedExchange. Hmm... It seems that the SDK's QEMU does not
>> emulate a ARMv6 device?
> - yes. See http://developer.android.com/tools/devices/emulator.html.
> Btw, there is not much point to compiling for armv6 for Android. The two
> official ABIs are either armv5te + softfloat or armv7a + vfpv3_d16
> (maybe v2).
Then I'll need to recompile for ARMv5...
> - if you are really interested about doing Android development, I
> recommend getting a developer board. The emulator is really slow. Even
> fast developer boards are really cheap now, e.g. quad-core 1.4Ghz ARMv7
> with 1GB RAM for 70 USD (www.hardkernel.com , search for Odroid-U). This
> device is actually pretty decent. Otherwise use an unused phone.
Currently I'm mostly checking what would be necessary to get our Windows
Mobile application (more or less) running on Android using
LCL-CustomDrawn. For these tests the emulator and maybe my own Phone
should be enough for now.

Thanks again. I'll report back if the situation improves :)

Regards,
Sven