[fpc-devel] Re: Building the Android branch

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at gmx.at
Tue Dec 18 14:15:53 CET 2012

Hi,

On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 13:48 +0100, Sven Barth wrote:
Am 18.12.2012 11:09, schrieb Thomas Schatzl:

> >>   > There is a new issue I have never seen before that fpdoc
> >>   > (actually
> >>   > cwstring) now wants to link with libiconv which is not
> >>   > available on
> >>   > Android (you can build it yourselves though). Simply excluding
> >>   > it from
> >>   > the android build would fix that.
> >>   >
> >>   > Maybe you could have a look?
> >>
> > Actually, I just tried, "make clean all crosszipinstall" works with
> > recent 2.7.1 snapshot except that you need to patch the
> > "_FPC_libc_start" method in rtl/linux/i386/si_c.inc with the latest
> > version. I.e. basically, the targetandroid branch needs merging with
> > the latest trunk to work again.
>
> Or you could just merge to trunk... might result in a better test
> user coverage as well :)

:) Maybe I have time to clean up and propose a patch in January.

> I now simply replaced my 2.6.0 fpcmake with one compiled from the
> Android branch and were happy to go :)
>
> So I (this time on Windows) managed to compile and install the branch
> and now just need to check whether it will work...
>
> Now I just need to test whether the Android LCL test
> application/library works... Thank you so far :D

I never tried the LCL, but with some hacking of android makefiles I
managed to create and run some opengl demo application. Use the NDK
bindings on lazarus-ccr; just looked, the bindings are still there, but
that example application seems to be gone.

I heard other people were successful with a hacked arm/linux compiler
before that branch started.

Of course, console apps like the compiler to do e.g. a make cycle also
worked last time I tried.

Thomas