[fpc-devel] Unicode resource strings

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 23 09:52:07 CEST 2012

Am 22.08.2012 21:45, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 22 August 2012 10:19, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Depending on how they implement it this might indeed be an interesting
>> feature that we could implement (cherry picking Delphi features ^^).
>

> It's already possible, just use IInterface (and TInterfacedObject)
> everywhere. :)

You need to work with variables of type IInterface then so that the
reference counting mechanism works correctly. The compiler does not
generate reference managament code if you work with a variable of type
TInterfacedObject or decendant. E.g.:

var
   i: IInterface;
begin
   i := TSomeInterfacedObjectDescendant.Create;
   (i as TSomeInterfacedObjectDescendant).SomeMethodOfThatClass;
end;

This just looks ugly...

The other possibility is to define an interface for the class you want
to use, but that's duplication I'd like to avoid...

Regards,
Sven