[fpc-devel] Unicode resource strings

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 14:58:51 CEST 2012

On Monday 20 August 2012 14:45:34 Anton Kavalenka wrote:
> On 20.08.2012 15:45, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > On Monday 20 August 2012 14:32:22 Anton Kavalenka wrote:
> >> Resources from both Windows and Linux EXE are extracted in UTF-8 (not
> >> win1251).
> >
> > Do you compile with -Fcutf8 or {$codepage utf8}?
> >

> I use default implicit settings (I suppose it is UTF8).
> None of my sources contain codepage controlling directive.

This probably explains the difference. MSEgui uses UnicodeString and is
compiled with -Fcutf8 for assignement of Unicode string constants to
UnicodeString variables and transparent conversion of Unicode string
constants to system encoding at runtime.
Without -Fcutf8 or {$codepage utf8} FPC copies the 8 bit strings "as is" into
the executable.

Martin