[fpc-devel] Unicode support (yet again)

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 05:22:30 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> One with unicode string, one with ansistring. They will have the same code,
> but will be compiled twice, each time with a different compiler define to
> decide which version it must be.

Is this possible in UNIX? I can see that in Windows you can use the
trick to use W versions which are identical except for the string type
and drop Windows 9x support, but is this really possible for the UNIX
syscalls? They expect UTF-8 not UTF-16 which is what UnicodeString
uses.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho