[fpc-devel] FPDoc and inherited methods

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Sep 11 19:33:48 CEST 2011

Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

>> How do I obtain the latest documentation on FPDoc?
>
> make fpdoc.pdf in docs.

No Latex support here (Win7)

>> For records with variant parts, no short descriptions are shown for
>> the members in the variant part. Parameters for overloaded methods are
>> already supported, so this extension should not be too hard to implement?
>
> Well, in that case presumably you can handle it ?

I'm a user of fpdoc, not a maintainer, have no idea of the internals.

>> FPDoc now also doesn't have "html" as the default format, requires an
>> explicit format parameter.
>
> This behaviour has not changed recently.

Well, it's documented as the default, and was working so in some older
version. I've fpdoc 2.2.4 in my path by default...

>> The handling of the css file still is cryptic. Even with --css-file
>> given no file is copied. The location seems to have changed to the
>> parent directory, i.e. docs/html?
>
> This behaviour has not changed recently.
>

>> The messages have changed.
>> What does it mean, when a dependency(?) could not be resolved?
>> (heritage, link, ???)
>
> Presumably a class inheritance. Can you post a more clear message ?

new alias #rtl.System.IInterface (IUnknown)
new alias #rtl.System.IInterface (IUnknown)
new alias #rtl.System.IInterface (IUnknown)
TCustomActionList's dependency TLCLComponent could not be resolved
TArrow's dependency TCustomControl could not be resolved
TAsyncProcess's dependency TProcessUTF8 could not be resolved

>> What do the "new alias ..." messages mean *to the user*?
>
> As far as I can tell, they are debug messages.

How to turn off?

DoDi